Skip to main content

Reviews of "Come Eat at My Table"

Last month I launched my new book “Come Eat at My Table.” I have received many reviews and thought I’d share some of them with you. In case you have been on the fence about purchasing a copy, maybe these will help you decide.

 

“This book captivated my heart and soul with the family dynamics and how they worked as a unit. Karin was a submissive wife, a loving mother and a devoted friend to all that needed her to listen to them. The girls were outgoing and sensitive at the same time to their family issues. And the dad was a supportive, loving, provider for the whole family. This book gave great insight for those who do not put their trust in Lord to really look at themselves and where their faith lies. It's also good for those who have a hard time forgiving others to look at themselves and see where they can improve in this area. It's a suspenseful book hard to put down waiting to see what happens next. A great book for all to read.”

 
“A breath of fresh air is how I would describe this book. As I read, I identified with the problems of the family. I loved how the vulnerability of each character is exposed. Their growth through heartache and pain was so evident and the reality of life so refreshing. What better way to show God’s unending Mercy than in the midst of the dynamics of a typical family; a family unit that could symbolize any family who struggles with day to day secrets and tragedies. It is a must read!”

 
“All of us have a "back story" that either makes us stronger or we succumb to it. This book made me realize the need to face it, forgive and become stronger in Christ! This is a must read, you will not regret it!”

 
“I've read so many good books lately and this one can be added to the list. A family with a lot of problems and the heartache they go through. I could feel the pain of the tragedies experienced. Karin is a good wife and mother but has no self-esteem that stems from her childhood and all the bad things that happened. When her husband convinces her to tell their children her story she does and healing comes about. “

 
“An interesting and insightful book, well written, suspenseful. A must read!”

 
“Ruth O'Neil's new release, Come Eat at My Table, is a delightful novel. The story tickles the heart with the sweet fragrance of humor and real life tales of sibling relationship, marriage, and a daughter's perspective of her mother. Ruth writes with a simple voice that slowly and gently warms you up to each character through daily life nuances. The lesson of forgiveness weaves in and out and culminates in a most surprising way; the last few chapters take an unexpected turn that makes your mouth drop! However, the overriding theme is hospitality at its best. Come Eat at My Table paints the picture of hospitality as love, as duty, as desire, and as healing. The main character, Karin, exudes the love of the Lord in all her interactions and reactions throughout the story. Her humble character is one to emulate. Anyone hoping for a clean story, easy to read, and full of hope and promise...then this is the next book to put in your hands!”

 
“This book sounded like a good read when I scanned the description. After exchanging some pleasant emails with the author, Ruth O'Neil, I was even more so looking forward to reading it. It arrived last Saturday while I was in the midst of a bunch of stuff. It was a great inducement to stop work and curl up on the couch for a long overdue break.

I really enjoyed reading this book.  For one thing, Karin reminds me much of what I try to teach my children.  There is always some way you can reach out to others if we will but try.   I love to take a meal to a family with a new baby.  But I like even more to take it to make a casserole for a grieving family.  Because there are times when you don't know what to say or what to do to ease the suffering of someone else.  But everyone needs to eat.  And, being Italian, I have the need to feed everyone.

I also liked the illustration of what a Godly marriage should be in the way Karin and her husband ministered to each other, encouraged each other and challenged each other to rise to the occasion, whatever it may be.

The way this family supported each other and took on the burdens and causes of each other was an example of what a Christian family should be in the good times and in the trials.

There is a beautiful message of the importance of forgiveness not for the sake of those who offend others but for the sake of those who are offended.  I have seen many a person, Christian and otherwise, who gave their lives over to misery because they chose to succumb to bitterness rather than to forgive someone who had hurt them.”


Thanks to all who have purchased, read and reviewed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Meditations - Ambivilence

Ambivalence Oh, how this word defines us as humans! We are ambivalent about so many things. We are wishy-washy. We can't seem to make up our minds about anything. Just look at a woman's bedroom after she has gotten dressed. The pile of clothes on the bed tells us that dress is the wrong color, that one is uncomfortable, today's the wrong mood for that one, that one isn't appropriate for the situation, that one doesn't fit anymore… I've known women that can't make up their minds about who they want to date. Some can't make up their minds about which women they truly want to be friends with. College students enter the university with one major and come out with another, yet work in a completely different third field. Couples get married only to find out shortly after the wedding that marriage (or the person they chose in the first place) isn't really right for them I could go on with examples of how we have mixed feelings, unc

Monday Meditations - Valuable

Valuable Sometimes as a mom it's hard to feel valuable. It's often a thankless job. Nobody sees even half of what you do. Work is often paid for with a screaming baby, a temper tantrum throwing toddler, a temperamental teenager, and a husband who just wants his dinner. I once read an article that said stay-at-home moms "should" be earning $162,581 a year. Where are my mom friends who see that in their bank account? You know something? Our mom value is not in money. Being a mom is the highest calling God gave to women, not climbing the corporate ladder. I am not dissing moms who work outside the home. Each one has to make choices as to what is best for her family. This is for all those who choose to stay at home, those who sometimes feel value less. Our value was in the little lives you are molding each day. Your payment is all the sticky, syrupy kisses and the I love yous from the lips of those to whom you gave life. Our value is raising ch

Monday Meditations - Joyful

Joyful What do you think of when you hear the world "joyful"? The giggling of children? A smiling face? A happy surprise? These things can all bring joy, but I have found that being joyful is a choice, a state of mind. When my father passed away a couple years ago, I posted this on my Facebook page: Today I choose to rejoice, in spite of my sadness. I rejoice in the fact that my father is no longer sick or suffering. I rejoice in the fact that I was born to parents who loved me enough to show me The Way, The Truth, and The Life. I rejoice in the fact that my parents are together again after many years of being apart. I rejoice in the fact that I will see them both again someday. I rejoice that when I do see them, they will both be whole and healthy. I know "rejoice" shows up a lot there, but you'll also notice the word "choose." That's part of being joyful in difficult times. We can be sad and still be joyful. We can be dis