Skip to main content

Book of the Day Author Suzanne Williams

There are soooo many good books out there (dare I say it?). almost too many to read in one's life time. Because of the number of good books, who wants to waste their time with bad ones? Over the next couple of weeks or so, I will be spotlighting books from authors who write from a Christian perspective. You'll find books from all genres, so everyone is sure to find something they like.



My guest today is Suzanne Williams. I had a few questions for her about her book A Kiss in September

Tell me about your book.

A KISS IN SEPTEMBER is a novella about a girl named September Blessing who through a series of happenstance events finds herself stranded at the grocery store. A grocery store employee, James Davis, steps into help her. When a few hours together shows the promise of true love, they determine to see each other as boyfriend-girlfriend. But a series of unplanned accidents gives her parents the wrong impression that no matter how hard they try seems will keep them permanently apart.


What made you decide to write it?

I was at the grocery store, actually, with my daughter, and we couldn’t find a clerk to help us. There we stood spinning in circles, wondering if our food would thaw before we could check out. The opening scene where September is trying to buy a pot pie and its melting is mirrored after that.


Did you learn anything from writing it?

I always learn from writing. The more I write, the more I better my craft. This story had an intricate plot that needed quite a bit of fine tuning. Also, the sub-character, James’ best friend, Chuck, takes a key role. Making him likeable at the end took deft wording because he misbehaves through much of the story. 

When and why did you begin writing?

I was a graphic designer first, doing newsletters, book covers, etc. I also wrote devotionals and published my personal testimony. Delving into fiction came through the encouragement of a friend, and though I was way over my head at first, I never looked back. It’s been the best part of my life since.


I would love to include a little ditty about why you wrote this book, a funny story about something that happened while you were writing, a difficulty you had while writing, or simply a word to your readers.

Writing YA is therapy to me. I also write “adult” Christian fiction, but I always come back to the simplicity of YA. It removes all the junk in my head and returns me to a happy place where love is young and fresh and spontaneous. This book is a slight side-trip plotline-wise from the ones I wrote previously. I like to be upbeat and funny, and this story has that … but it also looks at how misunderstandings and personal judgment can cause a lot of hurt. I try to give all my YA a moral, of sorts, but I also like to remind readers that it IS fiction and meant to be enjoyed as such – a few hours of a reader’s day when they can step away from life and live in a book.

A Kiss in September is available for only ¢.99 today. Grab your copy while you can!

Best-selling author, Suzanne D. Williams, is a native Floridian, wife, mother, and photographer. She is the author of both nonfiction and fiction books. She writes a monthly column for Steves-Digicams.com on the subject of digital photography, as well as devotionals and instructional articles for various blogs. She also does graphic design for self-publishing authors. She is co-founder of THE EDGE.

To learn more about what she’s doing and check out her extensive catalog of stories, visit http://suzanne-williams-photography.blogspot.com/ or link with her on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/suzannedwilliamsauthor.
 

Thanks for stopping by, Suzanne!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway - Merry Christmas to YOU!

Ok, so I'm a little late in letting the winner know, but I won't bore with all the details why. Let's get to the information you really want. And the winner is... Kathryn Svendsen Congratulations, Kathryn! We will be in touch with you so you can receive your book. Cut It Out by Terri Gillespie I'm so excited that one of my cyber writing friends, Terri Gillespie, released her new book CUT IT OUT this week. I’ve already had an opportunity to read it in advance of its release (I love my job!). It’s wonderful! Because of all this excitement and wonder, she is offering to give away a copy of her book, you can choose either print or ecopy. All you have to do is leave a comment and your name will be randomly chosen. Make sure to leave your email address so I can get in touch with you. You don’t want to miss this great read! Here is my review of CUT IT OUT and a few words from Terri: This is my second go–round with the Mavens. While I did fin

Monday Meditations - Ambivilence

Ambivalence Oh, how this word defines us as humans! We are ambivalent about so many things. We are wishy-washy. We can't seem to make up our minds about anything. Just look at a woman's bedroom after she has gotten dressed. The pile of clothes on the bed tells us that dress is the wrong color, that one is uncomfortable, today's the wrong mood for that one, that one isn't appropriate for the situation, that one doesn't fit anymore… I've known women that can't make up their minds about who they want to date. Some can't make up their minds about which women they truly want to be friends with. College students enter the university with one major and come out with another, yet work in a completely different third field. Couples get married only to find out shortly after the wedding that marriage (or the person they chose in the first place) isn't really right for them I could go on with examples of how we have mixed feelings, unc

Monday Meditations - Valuable

Valuable Sometimes as a mom it's hard to feel valuable. It's often a thankless job. Nobody sees even half of what you do. Work is often paid for with a screaming baby, a temper tantrum throwing toddler, a temperamental teenager, and a husband who just wants his dinner. I once read an article that said stay-at-home moms "should" be earning $162,581 a year. Where are my mom friends who see that in their bank account? You know something? Our mom value is not in money. Being a mom is the highest calling God gave to women, not climbing the corporate ladder. I am not dissing moms who work outside the home. Each one has to make choices as to what is best for her family. This is for all those who choose to stay at home, those who sometimes feel value less. Our value was in the little lives you are molding each day. Your payment is all the sticky, syrupy kisses and the I love yous from the lips of those to whom you gave life. Our value is raising ch