Skip to main content

Feminism

My mom and I...a few years ago.
She taught me what it was to be feminine.
Feminism. Now there’s a word I hate! That one word has taken everything God intended a woman to be and trampled it on the ground while shouting, “You can be something better!” What can be better than what God intended? We are to submit to our husbands and take care of our children. Feminism distorts the act of submission. Submission is not giving in to man’s every whim as some would have you believe. Submission is respect for a husband. I state my opinion to my husband all the time on family matters. Sometimes he takes my thoughts to heart, sometimes he doesn’t. He makes the final decision that he thinks is best for us as a family. A man cannot feel like a man when he is not respected. Men go looking for what they need elsewhere. It isn’t sex they are looking for, but love and respect.

One day a friend told me, “When we are all standing before the judgment seat of God, the man is the one who will have to answer for all that happened in the family. I don’t want to be in the man’s shoes for anything!”

God intended women to be the helpmeet of the husband. We are to take care of our families in a way that only a woman can. To many, taking care of the children, cooking food and cleaning the house sounds like a prison sentence, but it’s not when you look at it through God’s eyes.

Another thing I learned is that submission is not giving up control. When there is a problem, I have to pray and leave it in God’s hands, not bully my husband around until he does what I want. God can take care of things so much better than I can.

I know one man that believes the woman shouldn’t have to obey her husband. They are miserable in their marriage. The little things he says that are meant to be funny are his true feelings and they’re hurtful. Anyone that knows him can see it in his eyes.

Feminism, as the world describes it, isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Women that once struggled to get out of the house to work in corporate fields are now struggling to get back home. If women played the role God gave them, I believe that there wouldn’t be as many teenage pregnancies and there wouldn’t be so many kids in Juvenile Hall. Women need to get back where God put them and that is making nurturing the family a priority, not listening when society tells them they can be so much more than a wife and mother. There is no greater calling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway - Merry Christmas to YOU!

Ok, so I'm a little late in letting the winner know, but I won't bore with all the details why. Let's get to the information you really want. And the winner is... Kathryn Svendsen Congratulations, Kathryn! We will be in touch with you so you can receive your book. Cut It Out by Terri Gillespie I'm so excited that one of my cyber writing friends, Terri Gillespie, released her new book CUT IT OUT this week. I’ve already had an opportunity to read it in advance of its release (I love my job!). It’s wonderful! Because of all this excitement and wonder, she is offering to give away a copy of her book, you can choose either print or ecopy. All you have to do is leave a comment and your name will be randomly chosen. Make sure to leave your email address so I can get in touch with you. You don’t want to miss this great read! Here is my review of CUT IT OUT and a few words from Terri: This is my second go–round with the Mavens. While I did fin

Monday Meditations - Ambivilence

Ambivalence Oh, how this word defines us as humans! We are ambivalent about so many things. We are wishy-washy. We can't seem to make up our minds about anything. Just look at a woman's bedroom after she has gotten dressed. The pile of clothes on the bed tells us that dress is the wrong color, that one is uncomfortable, today's the wrong mood for that one, that one isn't appropriate for the situation, that one doesn't fit anymore… I've known women that can't make up their minds about who they want to date. Some can't make up their minds about which women they truly want to be friends with. College students enter the university with one major and come out with another, yet work in a completely different third field. Couples get married only to find out shortly after the wedding that marriage (or the person they chose in the first place) isn't really right for them I could go on with examples of how we have mixed feelings, unc

Monday Meditations - Valuable

Valuable Sometimes as a mom it's hard to feel valuable. It's often a thankless job. Nobody sees even half of what you do. Work is often paid for with a screaming baby, a temper tantrum throwing toddler, a temperamental teenager, and a husband who just wants his dinner. I once read an article that said stay-at-home moms "should" be earning $162,581 a year. Where are my mom friends who see that in their bank account? You know something? Our mom value is not in money. Being a mom is the highest calling God gave to women, not climbing the corporate ladder. I am not dissing moms who work outside the home. Each one has to make choices as to what is best for her family. This is for all those who choose to stay at home, those who sometimes feel value less. Our value was in the little lives you are molding each day. Your payment is all the sticky, syrupy kisses and the I love yous from the lips of those to whom you gave life. Our value is raising ch