Monday, March 2, 2015

Song of the Week - "Forgiveness"

Forgiveness is something people crave. I don’t know about you, but if I’ve hurt someone, it eats away at me until I go and ask forgiveness. I guess I can’t stand for people to be upset with me. You see, I don’t always think before I speak. It’s been a lifelong struggle, although I’m learning…very, very slowly. I think that’s why I enjoy writing so much. I can always go back and scribble things out that I wrote that shouldn’t be written. Unfortunately, I can’t do that with words that come out of my mouth.
What about those people that repeatedly hurt you? In Matthew 18:22 the Bible tells us to forgive people more than we may care to.

A lack of forgiveness in this world is one of the reasons I wrote Come Eat at My Table. People need to take the initiative and ask for forgiveness if they have done the hurting. On the other side, people who have been hurt, need to forgive, even if the one who did the hurting didn’t apologize. Holding in that anger hurts you more than it does them. This doesn’t mean you have to trust them with your life or anything , you do have to be sensible when dealing with people like that.

Just don’t become a bitter, old person, harboring ill feelings until it shows on your face. I’m sure you know that type of people I’m talking about.

My song for the week talks about forgiveness. Give it a listen and prayerfully consider if you need to forgive or ask someone’s forgiveness.





Visit my Pinterest board to see the other songs I chose for the soundtrack for Come Eat at My Table https://www.pinterest.com/pin/480618591454537708/

You can read the first chapter of Come Eat at My Table for free here

Watch the trailer here

Or purchase a copy by clicking on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment