Skip to main content

Getting to know Indie Author, Priscilla Krahn


I always enjoy meeting new authors, and the Indie Christian Books sale has been a great opportunity for me to do that. So,
for every day during the sale, I thought I would invite one of them to stop by for an introduction.

Today's guest author is Priscilla Krahn.

Can you tell us a little about yourself? 

I’m twenty years old, I live on a farm, and I’m the youngest of seven kids. Personality wise, I like to describe myself like my purse, bling on one side, camo on the other side, and the cross in the center. Depending on what settings you know me in, you might think of me as a loud tomboy who likes ice hockey, trapping and fishing, or you might think of me as a shy girl who likes bling, shopping, and coffee drinks. I enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews, visiting with friends, and of course, writing.

When you were a child did you have a favorite book or books?

When I was little, my favorite books were Amelia Bedelia books. I learned to read with those books, and now, I enjoy reading them to my nieces and nephews.

Do you have a favorite Genre to both read and write?

Definitely adventure novels. Whether historical or modern, I love reading and writing adventure novels.

Did you have favorite authors growing up who have influenced you?

I was influenced by a lot of amazing authors as I grew up, but one that really sticks out to me is Lois Walfrid Johnson. I remember pouring over her Adventures in the Northwoods series trying to analyze her writing style, and when I met her in person, she was so encouraging.

When did you know you wanted to be an author?
When I was younger, I liked writing, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be an author or not. One of my brothers told me that I would never get published, and that’s when I decided that I was definitely going to become an author! He even went so far as to sign a note for me saying that if I ever wrote a book, he’d help pay for the first box of books! When I was seventeen, I had the privilege of returning that note to him stamped ‘Paid in Full’.

How did you go about becoming an author?

I wrote a lot when I was younger, but I didn’t get serious about my writing until I was thirteen. At that point in my life, Mom bought me the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum for me to do for school. That curriculum taught me so much and gave me confidence that I could write. When I was seventeen, I started submitting my first book to publishers. After getting a pile of rejection letters, I was getting discouraged, but decided to self-publish. Self-publishing was great because I learned how to do my own formatting, cover design, editing, and marketing. Yet, despite all my work, my books weren’t taking off the way I’d hoped. When I got the idea for Mission of a Lifetime, I knew that it had potential, so after editing it the best I could and getting all the advice and help I could, I began submitting it to publishers. I got my publishing contract from Ambassador International Publishing House at nineteen. I would have to say that the two things that got me published, were plain hard work, and prayer. Lots of prayer. I’m amazed at how much God has used my writing journey, to teach me and draw me closer to Him.


If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

Honestly, I have no idea! I’ve wanted to be a writer for long enough that I can’t imagine my life without writing. I suppose I’d probably be doing more work on the family farm.

Outside of reading and writing what do you like to do?

I enjoy watching a good movie, experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes, and playing piano. Living in northern MN, where we have more cold weather than hot, I also enjoy playing some ice hockey, hunting, and visiting with friends over a cup of coffee.
Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

I love to visit coffee shops! I worked at one for a short time and have enjoyed visiting them ever since. In the States, I think Silver Dollar City has to be one of my favorite places. Outside of the country, I would love to visit Israel and see the places the Bible takes place.

If you could have a meal with three living people who would you choose and why?


I’d probably pick three close friends! Outside of my family and friends, number one would be Daniel Schwabauer. He’s the one who did the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum that got me seriously writing. He’s impacted my life in huge ways, and I would love to meet him. Number two would probably be President Trump. It would probably turn into a fight, but I would love to have a conversation with him about politics. Just imagine the writing ideas I could get from a conversation with the president! Number three would be Queen Elizabeth. I’d probably scare her away with my manners, but I’d love to have a conversation with her. If I didn’t learn anything interesting from the conversation, she could at least help refine my backwoods etiquette.

Finally, can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

My most recently published book, is Mission of a Lifetime.

Click the cover to
go directly to Amazon
MISSION OF A LIFETIME - A missing airplane . . . Hostile tribes . . . Mysterious kidnappings . . . Responsibility falls upon twenty-one-year-old William Rodriguez when his missionary parents disappear in the hostile jungles of Columbia. Willie knows that he has to go find them, but what will it cost him? When his dreams and his very life are on the line, Willie doesn’t know whom to trust. Will he be able to overcome his past mistakes and the present failure that seems set on destroying his mission?

When Willie finds himself in the midst of a drug smuggling ring, difficult decisions are thrust upon him. Can he escape his captors before his family is killed? Can he find forgiveness in his heart for the very people who ruined his life or will it only bring back more painful memories? Will he be able to survive the mission of a lifetime?

Mission of a Lifetime is available from CBD, Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, and other online stores.


COMING SOON – The Ty Carson series.

There’s nothing like spending the summer with a grandpa that you don’t remember ever meeting . . . especially when he’s murdered the day you arrive. Fourteen-year-old Ty Carson wants nothing to do with the boys’ home he’s placed in, but with his mom travelling, he has no choice. Searching for clues to the alleged murder brings him across questions that should be answered, but no one will answer them. As he tries to unravel the clues, he wants to know why he’s not allowed to talk about the police hero who had died ten years before. The man that he had called ‘dad’. Accused and alone, Ty realizes that the answers have to be nearby, but can he understand them? Can a baseball game, a figure dressed in black, and an old gun collection be the things that he needs to find friendship and bring him closer to God?

Book one and two in the Ty Carson series should be released in early February.

My website is www.priscillajkrahn.com

I blog at www.priscillakrahn.blogspot.com

My Facebook business page is https://www.facebook.com/PriscillaJ.KrahnAuthor/

You can also look me up on Google+, Amazon Authors, and Goodreads.

To see all the great books in the Indie Christian Books sale, visit http://www.indiechristianbooks.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Meditations - Ambivilence

Ambivalence Oh, how this word defines us as humans! We are ambivalent about so many things. We are wishy-washy. We can't seem to make up our minds about anything. Just look at a woman's bedroom after she has gotten dressed. The pile of clothes on the bed tells us that dress is the wrong color, that one is uncomfortable, today's the wrong mood for that one, that one isn't appropriate for the situation, that one doesn't fit anymore… I've known women that can't make up their minds about who they want to date. Some can't make up their minds about which women they truly want to be friends with. College students enter the university with one major and come out with another, yet work in a completely different third field. Couples get married only to find out shortly after the wedding that marriage (or the person they chose in the first place) isn't really right for them I could go on with examples of how we have mixed feelings, unc

Monday Meditations - Valuable

Valuable Sometimes as a mom it's hard to feel valuable. It's often a thankless job. Nobody sees even half of what you do. Work is often paid for with a screaming baby, a temper tantrum throwing toddler, a temperamental teenager, and a husband who just wants his dinner. I once read an article that said stay-at-home moms "should" be earning $162,581 a year. Where are my mom friends who see that in their bank account? You know something? Our mom value is not in money. Being a mom is the highest calling God gave to women, not climbing the corporate ladder. I am not dissing moms who work outside the home. Each one has to make choices as to what is best for her family. This is for all those who choose to stay at home, those who sometimes feel value less. Our value was in the little lives you are molding each day. Your payment is all the sticky, syrupy kisses and the I love yous from the lips of those to whom you gave life. Our value is raising ch

Monday Meditations - Joyful

Joyful What do you think of when you hear the world "joyful"? The giggling of children? A smiling face? A happy surprise? These things can all bring joy, but I have found that being joyful is a choice, a state of mind. When my father passed away a couple years ago, I posted this on my Facebook page: Today I choose to rejoice, in spite of my sadness. I rejoice in the fact that my father is no longer sick or suffering. I rejoice in the fact that I was born to parents who loved me enough to show me The Way, The Truth, and The Life. I rejoice in the fact that my parents are together again after many years of being apart. I rejoice in the fact that I will see them both again someday. I rejoice that when I do see them, they will both be whole and healthy. I know "rejoice" shows up a lot there, but you'll also notice the word "choose." That's part of being joyful in difficult times. We can be sad and still be joyful. We can be dis