Wednesday, August 28, 2013

15 Day Blogger Challenge - Day 1

Someone recently asked me about doing a 15 Day Blogger Challenge. During this challenge I will be answering questions set up for me. Hopefully this will accomplish two things. I hope it will help you get to know me a little better, and I also hope it will help me be a little more consistent with blog entries.

So, here we are on Day 1.

Make 15 Book Related Confessions

1. I love the way a new book smells.

2. I am a book hoarder.

3. I can never have too many books.

4. Books are a girl's best friend.

5. I don't usually read books more than once. Why would I when there's so many more to choose from?

6. I am never without a book nearby. Reading is the best activity to do while waiting in line or waiting for kids.

7. More often than not, I read 2-3 books at a time.

8. I started writing book reviews just so I could get more books.

9. Reading a book while soaking up the sun is my summer guilty pleasure - even if I have work to do.

10. I don't like every book I read. Some I hate.

11. I find mistakes in many (if not all) of the books I read.

12. I have books in my library that I've owned since I was a very small child. (The hoarding started young apparently.)

13. It's extremely hard to pick a favorite book. My favorite might change with the next book I read.

14. I much prefer print books over digital copies. There's no paper to smell with a digital book.

15. I get excited every time a new book comes in the mail.


How about you? Do you have a book confession? Leave it in the comments.

Come back tomorrow for the answer to another question.
 

4 comments:

  1. The Boxcar Kids was the first book I ever read cover to cover. Elementary school, but I remember the story vividly!
    I know technology can be a wondrous thing, but there is nothing like a true book...musty pages, a dog-eared corner to save your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the books, Dana. There is no substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addicted to books like some people are to drugs or alcohol. When challenged by my oldest sister to go without my books for 2 months, I stopped cold turkey and managed to go 3 months. One day I found myself reading my daughter's early reader books and gave up. Now I am back to my old habits. At least they are good for me, in moderation anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't even agree to that! Why would you want to? What a mean sister Janet is!!! Just kidding. I couldn't go a whole month (or even a whole day probably) without reading.

    ReplyDelete